What Is A Cricut Machine & What Can I Do With It?
The Explore series of Cricut machines allows you to access a huge digital library of “cartridges” instead of using physical cartridges, like I did in college. This means that you can use Cricut Design Space (their online design software) to take any text or shape from the library and send it to your Cricut to be cut out. You can even upload your own designs if you want!
The Cricut Explore Air can cut materials up to 12″ wide and has a small cutting blade mounted inside the machine. When you’re ready to cut something out, you load the material onto a sticky mat and load the mat into the machine. The mat holds the material in place while the Cricut blade passes over the material and cuts it. When it finishes, you unload the mat from the machine, peel your project off the sticky mat, and you’re ready to go!
With a Cricut machine, the possibilities are endless! All you need is a Cricut machine, Design Space, something to cut, and your own creativity!
What Can I Do With A Cricut Machine?
There are TONS of things you can do with a Cricut machine! There’s no way I could even list all the possibilities, but here are a few popular types of projects to give you an idea of what the machine can do.
- Cut out fun shapes and letters for scrapbooking
- Make custom, handmade cards for any special occasion
- Design a onesie or a t-shirt
- Make a leather bracelet
- Make buntings and other party decorations
- Create your own stencils for painting (here’s an example)
- Make a vinyl sticker for your car window
- Label stuff in your pantry, or in a playroom
- Make monogram pillows
- Create your own Christmas ornaments
- Address an envelope
- Decorate a mug, cup, or tumbler
- Etch glass at home
- Create your own wall decals
- Make a painted wooden sign
- Make your own window clings
- Cut appliqués or quilt squares
- Create decals for a stand mixer
…and tons of other projects that are too numerous to list!
Here are the Cricut machines I discussed in this article; click the images below to find out more about each machine. And if you’re looking to buy an awesome crafting tool, I highly recommend the Cricut Explore machines! I use mine pretty much every day, and it rocks!
Shop CRICUT ITEMS :
HOW TO WORK WITH CRICUT ?
Cricut Explore Air 2 VS Cricut MakerVS
YOU COULD ALSO GET THE MORE EXPENSIVE VERSION : CRICUT MAKER
IT TAKES SOME LEARNING !
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
25 BEST TIPS & TRICKS
HACKS AND TRICKS